Choosing the right book to read can be hard. There are so many books out there, how do you know where to start? In this blog post, we will give you 10 tips on how to find the perfect book for your interests and your reading level. Whether you're a student or an avid reader, these tips will help make choosing the right book much easier!
Tips in Choosing:
- Read the title of the book. If it sounds interesting, check out how many pages are in the book before buying it to make sure it's not too long or short for your liking.
- Check out how old the author was when they wrote this specific story and how far back their previous works go so you have a better idea about how experienced they are.
- Look at how many awards the book has won and who else has read it to get a sense of how popular this specific author is.
- Read the reviews on amazon or goodreads so you can see what other people thought about this story before buying it for yourself. That way, if anyone mentions things that you don't want to read about, you'll know before picking it up.
- Find out how much time the book will take for you to read by looking at how many pages are in the story and how small or large the font is on each page. That way, if you have a lot of free time, but not too long of a commute, you can decide how long a book is worth reading.
- If the story has already been made into a movie or TV show, find out how well it was received before buying the book so that way your expectations are set accordingly for what to expect while reading.
- Join a club at school like English class or summer reading program to find out how other students have been reading and what they liked about the book.
- Ask your friends if they've read this specific author or any of their past work so that you know how much to trust them when it comes to recommending a new story for you.
- If the description sounds interesting, but there aren't many reviews on how people felt about it, try to find another story by the same author that has more reviews so you know how they write and what their style is before buying.
- If it's a book of short stories or poems, make sure there are enough for you to enjoy without having too many left unsaid when you finish reading them all!
If you're going to start learning how to choose a book to read, you might want to consider trying to discover new books at a bookstore. Or, you can look through a book club or a website that specializes in books. Another way to choose a book to read is to buy it in a library. You can borrow some books from the library or purchase books at their checkout counter. Either way, you should pick out a book based on the titles that you enjoyed most.